EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETING March 28, 2018
DRAFT - NOT YET APPROVED
Present: Beth van Amerongen, Martha Canning, Kristin DeLong, Robin Ford, Lauren Mescon, Audrey Mezas, Christine Rigby-Hall
I. Officer Reports
- Treasurer - Robin
- Budget - We need to create the budget to be approved at the May meeting. A lot of this will be done over email. It was discussed that we want to have a percentage of individual budgets which require board approval if spent on one event.
- Andaz Spend - We met our spend at the Andaz this year.
- Vice President - Christine
- April 9th GM and April 10th At Night meetings both have speakers. Beth will be the Board Member present for At Night.
- Christine has a committee and had a meeting for the June Luncheon. They are asking for donations from our vendors and members for the luncheon raffle.
- VP Programs - Audrey
- New club meeting location - The board voted online and the Amstel Hotel came in first. Audrey will be negotiating with the Amstel Hotel to bring the price down and to see if we can get a two-year contract.
- VP Membership - Kristin
- We have 283 members currently. Kristin is going to send a survey to our new members to assess how we are doing welcoming newcomers.
- VP Communications/Secretary - Beth
- PR - We discussed how we want to be represented as a club. Beth will get with Phyllis to assess where she is in her planning. Beth will get with Rhonda and Phyllis to revamp the flyer which was created for promoting the club at ISA. The board agreed that we need one flyer from AWCA. We need better communication with the board and PR. Beth will speak with Phyllis to create regular reports.
II. Chairwomen/Committee Reports
- Nominating Committee - Lauren The process is going well. Jennifer has received 52 proxies. Beth will be sending the proxy to the members again in the coming week.
III. New Business
- Opijnen - The board decided several years ago that our obligations to Opijnen would be officially recorded in our bylaws. All the U.S. soldiers in the Netherlands are buried in Margraten with a few exceptions, including Opijnen. If the graves are not properly honored, the U.S. government can transfer them to Margraten. Our obligation is for the president to speak, and we pay for and place a wreath. Martha will look at the procedure to amend Bylaws so we can do so at the May meeting.
- New regulations on communications for the EU - Beth needs to check with Cat Conner to find out what they are and what steps the club needs to take.
IV. Schedule next meeting - Monday, April 23, 12:30 p.m. at Robin’s house