AWCA members are an adventurous bunch! Many of us are frequent and enthusiastic travelers, so this new series aims to share travel tips each month. Each recommendation below comes from the real-life experiences of people you know and trust. Do you have suggestions for our members? Please fill out our short survey.
This month's destination is Berlin!
- Soho House, Das Stue
- Hotel Bristol Berlin. Great hotel and good service. *(we were lucky to have been upgraded to the presidential suite and annexes). Breakfast in their grand café is busy but good, and the terrace is like a Parisian terrace, perfect for late afternoon drinks in the sun.
- Ristorante Nuovo Mario in Charlottenburg am Kurfürstendamm. White tablecloths, fresh vegetable decorations, great wines, best food, good authentic Italian service.
- Sets. Breakfast & brunch, healthy and other options
- Big Bascha. Best & most affordable Lebanese food. Cash only. Outside terrace, free tea.
- Hop on Hop Off Bus
- Fat Tire Bike Tour
- The East Side Gallery of the Wall
- The Story of Berlin Bunker
- The Sanssouci gardens and palace (Potsdam)
- The Stasi Museum
- The Tiergarten is beautiful and a great way to spend some time outdoors. The Rose Garden is lovely.
- Book the Berlin Reichstag and Dome the moment you know your dates.
- Use the public transportation.
- Seconded! Use the subway and public transportation, you’ll see more. (Taxi’s are cheap.)
- Skip the Checkpoint Charlie Museum
- Always pay in local currency (when offered the choice to choose your own with card), stores otherwise have the ultimate freedom to apply their own (higher) exchange rates.
Do you have tips you'd like to add? In our member's only Facebook group, there's a lively conversation!
Next month we'll be sharing tips for Rotterdam! Please help fellow AWCAers by sharing your experiences in our our very short survey.