Although the pandemic has curtailed many of our travels, there are still great places to visit close to home! Whether you take the train, drive, or even bike, Rotterdam is a great Dutch city to explore and has a fascinating history. Each recommendation below comes from the real-life experiences of people you know and trust.
This month's destination is Rotterdam!
- Dunya Lokanta - "Best food ever." Dinner only.
- Op Het Dak - "It's a bit simple, they use food fresh from the roof garden where they grow it, but I really liked it."
- Trattoria A Proposito
- Markthal - the Greek restaurant inside got a couple of shoutouts
- Pencil Building and Cube Houses
- De Ster and De Lelie at the Kralingse Plas in Rotterdam-Kralingen - still operational spice and snuff mills
Due to the ever-changing nature of the global pandemic, be sure to check the Gemeente Rotterdam's coronavirus page for up-to-date information about rules, closures, and prevention measures.
Do you have tips you'd like to add? In our member's only Facebook group, join the lively conversation!
Next, we'll be sharing tips for Cologne! Please help fellow AWCAers by sharing your experiences in our our very short survey.