Especially for New Members
The AWCA hosts two monthly events that are geared especially toward newcomers.
- Coffee Chat is an informal gathering at a cafe — usually on the third Tuesday morning of each month.
- Mix & Mingle is our monthly casual cocktail party. New and established members are welcome!
- A'sisters offer support for new members in their neighborhood. They show them the local ropes as well as initiate neighborhood-specific gatherings for any members who live in that area. With 13 neighborhood groups, you're sure to find one near you!
Attending a newcomers' event is a great way to meet other members. Even better, it provides an opportunity to ask our established members for pointers about Dutch life. We're eager to share useful information and resources to help you acclimate to life in the Netherlands. Come and ask questions, share experiences and make new friends.
Where We Gather
We encourage you to attend our monthly meetings, which are well attended by members from throughout the greater metropolitan area.
- General Meetings are held in the morning
- At Night Meetings (as the name implies) are evening events.
These meetings usually feature a guest speaker and light refreshments are provided.
Be sure to check in at the welcome table. We'll provide you with a name tag to make introductions easy (don't worry, everyone wears them). We'll get you acclimated, introduce you around, and answer any questions you may have.